Lost in Time

 As I sat down to start writing this latest post to my blog, I took a look back at my previous entries.  I couldn't believe my eyes...I never realized that I have been using this format since March 2019.  Within a year of that start date, COVID-19 advanced to the point that public gatherings including most church services were suspended.

All of this is on my mind, since my wife Sarah and I just received our latest booster injections of Covid-19 vaccine. As of August 20, 2023, 6,910,396 people have died from Covid-19.  Even with having all of our injections and boosters as they became available, we both have tested positive for Covid-19 during the past several years.

As a result, we have become very cautious of surroundings and only recently have started to unmask more in public.  It is indeed a human trait to want to return to "normal".  But given the potential hazard that still potentially exists, one needs to use their best judgement in all situations.

Even as the number of cases continues to decline, we all must remember, that the virus is still active and has the potential to change form so to speak, and we must not let our guard down.  We must also not let our desire to "get back to normal" overshadow our need to care for all others with whom we share this world.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

May Day

Words