Do You See?

 

As I sit down to write this month's blog post, I am in the middle of taking care of several pre-vacation chores.  Planning what clothes to pack, deciding which ones need to be cleaned, checking the weather at our destination to decide if something is too heavy or too light.  How many of each item of clothing, what will not get too wrinkled or take up too much luggage space.  How "dressed-up" do I need to be?

Thank goodness, my wife Sarah is the super-planner who takes care of reservations, transportation and travel documents and every other aspect of planning, I would be totally lost and late without her.

During Morning Prayer today, I read Luke's Gospel 10:25-37.  As I reflected on that Gospel lesson where the man is left half dead on the side of the road after being beaten and stripped by robbers and people just passed by and didn't even "see" him, it struck me... how often do we get caught up in planning, preparing and all of the other "jobs" in our busy lives that we don't "see" others...especially those on the "margins".

There is no easy answer to this, and I'm not sure that any answer would be "foolproof",... but I do think that if each of us makes a greater effort to "see" those around us who are in need, ... 

THIS WORLD WILL BE A BETTER PLACE.

Amen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

May Day

Words

Lost in Time